Intensive Family Support Program
The Intensive Family Support Program (IFSP) at The Buckeye Ranch is an intensive, home-based treatment program designed for children suffering from mental health issues, trauma, and/or substance abuse. We adhere to the Integrative Family and Systems Treatment (I-FAST) approach, which is organized around elements that are common in successful evidence-based models. The I-FAST approach focuses on treating the family as a whole, building solutions, achieving change, and using available resources in the community.
What kind of care does the IFSP program offer?
- Intensive interventions
- 2 to 4 meetings per week in the family’s home
- 24-hour crisis intervention
- Transition assistance from hospitalization, residential treatment, inpatient substance abuse treatment, and foster care
- Case management
- Aftercare linkages with other programs within The Buckeye Ranch
Who can receive IFSP treatment?
Children between the ages of 5 and 17 can receive IFSP treatment depending on their needs and situations. Your child could benefit from IFSP services if you can answer yes to any of the following questions:
- Does your child have self-harmful behaviors?
- Do they suffer from severe depression? Aggression?
- Are they abusing alcohol or drugs?
- Has your child survived trauma and is working to overcome it?
- Is there anything else that concerns you?