Executive Vice President of Development
Overview | Grove City
EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT OF DEVELOPMENT
The Buckeye Ranch provides a comprehensive treatment approach to youth and families through a continuum of care, including: Community Based Services , Community Support Services, Residential Treatment, Day Treatment, Permanent Family Solutions, Foster Care, and Transitional Age Programming. The Buckeye Ranch serves approximately 5,000 children annually.
The Buckeye Ranch is seeking an experienced fundraising professional to lead the Development function in order to support and further the overall mission of The Buckeye Ranch. This position reports directly to the President and CEO.
Relationship Building and Communications
· Appropriately represents The Buckeye Ranch, its board and executive director to donors, prospects, regulators, development committee(s) and fundraising volunteers.
· Cultivates and maintains relationships with major donors by responding to their inquiries, keeping them apprised of recent events with The Buckeye Ranch and showing them the progress their donations have made possible.
· Raises awareness of The Buckeye Ranch and its primary goals through outreach efforts, regular events in the community, publications, and media relations.
Fundraising and Events
· Helps board members, the chief executive, other fundraising volunteers, and staff identify, cultivate, and solicit charitable gifts.
· Solicits contributions on behalf of The Buckeye Ranch, generally by accompanying volunteers.
· Develops a balanced funding mix of donor sources and solicitation programs tailored to meet the needs of The Buckeye Ranch that will enable it to attract, retain and motivate donors and fundraising volunteers.
· Discovers new and potentially lucrative revenue streams for expansion of The Buckeye Ranch’s fundraising efforts.
· Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
· Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
· Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
· Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
· Assures development and writing of foundation, corporate and government proposals and solicitation materials.
· Oversees grant seeking including research and reporting requirements.
· Plans and oversees fundraising events to make sure all donor needs are met and fundraising goals are achieved.
Recordkeeping, and Reporting, and Financial Management
· Assures design and maintenance of donor and prospect records, gift management systems, and informational reports.
· Assures appropriate prospect research.
· Assures sound fiscal operation of development function including timely, accurate and comprehensive development of charitable contributions income and expense budgets, reporting, monitoring and implementation.
· Combines development resources in such a way as to maximize quantity and quality to obtain a set of results.
· Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in nonprofit management, business administration, public administration, community development, or public policy, preferred.
· Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation from the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
· Must have at least seven years’ experience in fundraising.
· Must have demonstrated history in leadership, project management, public relations, group facilitation, or event planning.
Buckeye Ranch offers an excellent benefit package, including: medical, dental, vision, prescription, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability insurance; 401k; Health Savings Account option; Flexible Spending Account (tax-advantaged); wellness programs; and more.
Submit your resume and cover letter to: http://www.buckeyeranch.org/job-opportunities/overview/
The Buckeye Ranch is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce to reflect and provide culturally-responsive services to a diverse community.Apply Now