MENTAL HEALTH SPECIALIST
Community-Based Programs | Various Locations within The Buckeye Ranch
** $2,500 new hire bonus!
The Buckeye Ranch is currently seeking Community-Based Behavioral Health Qualified Mental Health Specialists (Unlicensed Mental Health Practitioner) to provide community-based, in-home family and individual mental health interventions to young people and their families in Franklin County.
Responsibilities of a Qualified Mental Health Specialist include:
· Supporting Children and their families in developing skills and routines to manage their mental health needs to successfully maintain children and families in their homes, school, and communities in the Franklin County Area.
· Advocating for children and their families that are involved with children services and the juvenile court.
· Advocating for children with mental health needs in their home school settings.
· Linking Children and Families with community resources.
· Providing clinical interventions for small caseloads: average caseload size is 13 -15 clients
· Independently managing a flexible schedule that is based off of your caseload needs
· Interacting with other agency programs and professionals that may also be providing services to your clients
· Working effectively with people and families regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, etc.
· Maintaining clinical documentation in the agency’s electronic health record (assessments, treatment plans, ongoing documentation of services)
The following are things provided to Qualified Mental Health Specialists to support and enhance their ability to do their job:
· Weekly individual clinical supervision and bi-weekly group supervision to develop an employee’s clinical skills and promote self-care
· 12 week ramp up schedule to assist new employees in being successful with job expectations
· Ongoing training and supervision in a strengths based family systems model that allows the QMHS the flexibility to utilize various treatment approaches to eliminate functional deficits and interpersonal and/or behavioral health barriers associated with an individual’s behavioral health diagnosis
· New hire mentor program to assist new employees in adjusting to the agency and program expectations.
· New hire training series to assist new employees in developing skills to be successful in the job (self care, personal safety, community safety, lethality assessments, collaborating with other professionals, and more)
· Potential for ongoing bonuses based on QMHS’ performance*
· Annual reviews and merit raises, other opportunities for potential salary increases
· Mileage reimbursement
· Team building activities and events to develop positive supportive team relationships and culture
· Access to Study materials and financial assistance to help pass licensure tests
*All bonuses are subject to applicable state and federal taxes.
Bachelors Degree in a non related field
· With 4 years experience working with Children in a Mental Health or Social Services Capacity
OR a Bachelor’s degree in a related field
· With 2 years experience working with Children in a Mental Health or Social Services Capacity
Ability to work with diverse clients and collaterals
Preferred, but not required:
Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, license Eligible
Other Employee Benefits!
Our current benefit offerings include a diverse and inclusive work environment; generous vacation time; paid holidays; medical, dental, vision, prescription, and life insurance, short-term & long-term disability insurance; 401k after only 6 months of service; Flexible Spending Account (tax-advantaged) with convenient debit card; direct deposit; wellness programs; car lease program; educational assistance; eligible employer for student loan forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program; free Continuing Education (CE) opportunities; Employee Assistance Program (EAP;) employee discount programs; free close-to-building parking; and more!
Apply today! http://www.buckeyeranch.org/job-opportunities/overview/
The Buckeye Ranch is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce to reflect and provide culturally-responsive services to a diverse communityApply Now