TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
Residential Services | Grove City
The Residential team is excited to have a new position to help develop and support our new and current professional direct care staff in their roles. This person will be the direct supervisor during the onboarding process for new hires, which includes Trauma Based Care training, role modeling, observations, supporting and developing along the process. This individual will offer ongoing training to further develop skills of our professionals.
This individual must have the ability to participate in approved behavior support procedures and Crisis Prevention Institute Training (CPI), while being proficient in training and applying knowledge and skills in crisis situations including physical interaction as needed. The individual must be able to perform the duties of youth leaders. This individual must be able to work all shifts as necessary to work side by side with the staff.
- Experience of adult instructional learning styles and methods
- BS degree in a Human Services related field.
- A minimum of two years of work experience as a trainer or training facilitator, preferably in a Residential Mental Health environment; prior leadership experience conducting training will be considered in lieu of work experience as a trainer or training facilitator.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience in lieu of bachelor’s degree will be considered.
- Ability to assess training needs for new and existing employees
- Experience with both traditional and modern job training methods, trends and techniques including computer-based learning
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to handle multiple assignments and prioritize work.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance
- Educational assistance
- Free Continuing Education (CE) opportunities
- Free close-to-building parking
- Eligible employer for student loan forgivenessvia the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Paid holidays
All new hires must pass a pre-employment criminal background check and drug test. The Buckeye Ranch is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce to reflect and provide culturally responsive services to a diverse community.
Job Type: Full-timeApply Now